XMLCore LEIRI work [was: closing IRIEverywhere]

This is for our agenda item 6.

paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Masinter [mailto:masinter@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Larry
Masinter
Sent: Tuesday, 2010 May 04 0:57
To: Grosso, Paul; 'Henry S. Thompson'; 'Julian Reschke'
Cc: www-tag@w3.org; public-iri@w3.org
Subject: RE: closing IRIEverywhere

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis-00#section-1.3

contains a definition in section 1.3 on "LEIRI proessing" which should
in fact be a definition of LEIRI:

     LEIRI:  This term was used in
      various XML specifications to refer to strings that, although
not
      valid IRIs, were acceptable input to the processing rules in
      Section 7.1.

where Section 7.1 of the same document is intended to contain an
algorithm that will convert an LEIRI to an IRI.

If that's adequate for XML Core to change its reference for LEIRI,
fine, and if you need more, please say so, preferably by opening
a bug on the IRI spec at

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/trac/report/1

Larry