Minutes for XML Core WG (non-)telcon of 2010 March 24

Attendees
---------
 Glenn
 Paul

[2 organizations (2 with proxies) present out of 11]

Regrets
-------
Richard
Henry
Norm said he'd be late

Absent organizations
--------------------
Google
Inovimax
Marklogics (with regrets)
Opera
Red Hat
Univ of Edinburgh (with regrets)
W3C
Jirka Kosek
François Yergeau

Glenn and I had a 10 minutes chat and went home early.

Our next telcon will be April 7.  Some more notes/ACTIONs below.

> Agenda
> ======
> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>    the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>    or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).
>

> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
>
> Who is our new staff contact?

I've heard rumours it's Liam and Carine Bournez.

> 3.  XML 1.0--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-errata
>

> 4.  XML Test Suite.
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite
>
> ACTION to Richard:  Construct a test case for the XML test suite
> issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/
>

> 5.  Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1--see
>    http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.0
>    and http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.1.
>

> 6.  LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri
>

> 7.  xml:id--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-id
>

> 8.  XML Base 2nd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-base
>

> 9.  XLink 1.1.
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1
>
> The XLink 1.1 PR was published at
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/PR-xlink11-20100225/
> and the review is underway per
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Feb/0030
> Be sure your AC rep completes the review for your organization.
> The review closes next Wednesday.

Please make sure your AC rep completes the XLink 1.1 PR review.

> 10.  XInclude 3rd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
>

> 11.  Associating Stylesheets.
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss
>
> Associating stylesheets with XML version 1.0 is at:
> http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629/
>
> The Errata document is at:
> http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629/errata
>
> We are working toward a PER for AssocSS 2nd Edition.
>
> We have our latest (2010 March 10) member-only editor's draft at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2009/09/xml-stylesheet.html
> and the WG has approved making this public.
>
> Paul pushed our latest draft into
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2010/03/xml-stylesheet/ and
> announced it within the W3C at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2010JanMar/0100
> and sent email to commentors.
>
> ACTION to Henry:  Forward the announcement of the new
> xml-stylesheet 2nd Ed draft at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2010JanMar/0100
> on to the usual public mailing lists.

Done.

> After we get acceptance from commentors, and barring further
> serious negative comments, we will take it to PER.

We have gotten acceptance (see comment's list) from Mike Kay
and Philip Taylor; still awaiting to hear from Ken Holman
(but have no reason to think he won't accept).

Simon had a comment about quotes; at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Mar/0038
Paul directs the editors to handle this as they prepare
the PER-ready draft.

ACTION to Henry: Update the DoC with pointers to commentors'
acceptance.

ACTION to Henry and Simon:  Prepare a PER-ready draft of AssocSS.

ACTION to Paul: Draft a PER transition request for AssocSS.

> 12.  xml-model
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-schemas
>
> The DoC is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2010/02/xml-model-comments.html
>
> The latest editor's draft (dated 15 March 2010) is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2010/01/xml-model/
> and Paul announced it to chairs@w3.org at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2010JanMar/0085
> and sent email to commentors (Noah and CMSMcQ) requesting
> a response (and received acceptance from Michael).
>
> ACTION to Henry: Forward the xml-model announcement at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2010JanMar/0085
> to the usual public lists.

ACTION to Henry continued.

> ACTION to Jirka: Solicit feedback on the xml-model draft from
> SC 34/WG1.

ACTION to Jirka continued.