XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2010 March 15

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:16:39 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be 2010 March 24.

Status and open actions
=======================

XLink 1.1
---------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1

The XLink 1.1 PR was published at
 http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/PR-xlink11-20100225/
and the review is underway per
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Feb/0030
Be sure your AC rep completes the review for your organization.

Associating Stylesheets
-----------------------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss

We are working toward a PER for AssocSS 2nd Edition.

We have our latest (2010 March 10) member-only editor's draft at
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2009/09/xml-stylesheet.html
and the WG has approved making this public.

ACTION to Henry:  Push our latest draft into
http://www.w3.org/XML/2010/03/xml-stylesheet/ (Overview.html,
xml-stylesheet.xml, and all) and let me know at which point I will
announce it within the W3C and to commentors and ask you to
announce it on the usual public mailing lists.

Eventual ACTION to Paul:  Announce our new editor's draft
and request commentor acceptance of resolutions.

After we get acceptance from commentors, take it to PER.

xml-model
---------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-schemas

We have published a first draft for public comment at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2010/01/xml-model/

Jirka has produced a DoC at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2010/02/xml-model-comments.html

issue 1:  We agree to add schematypens.  Jirka sent specific
wording to the mailing list.  Paul will insert it into the
spec and insert the table as an informative appendix.

issue 2:  Paul will alter the spec (shoulds to must and
allow other pseudo-attributes).

issue 3:  Is like the issue in xml-stylesheet pi with "type".
Paul will copy Henry's wording from xml-stylesheet.

issue 4:  Paul will add the suggested wording to draft.

issue 5:  Paul will add the suggested wording to draft.

ACTION to Paul:  Produce a new editor's draft.

ACTION to Jirka:  Update the DoC.