FW: Registration for TPAC2010 is now Open

-----Original Message-----
From: chairs-request@w3.org [mailto:chairs-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of
Alexandra Lavirotte
Sent: Friday, 2010 June 11 10:54
To: chairs@w3.org; w3c-ac-members@w3.org; ab@w3.org; tag@w3.org
Cc: w3t@w3.org
Subject: Registration for TPAC2010 is now Open

Dear Advisory Committee Representatives, Chairs, AB, and TAG Members,

Registration for TPAC2010 is now open (until 22 October):

  TPAC 2010
  1-5 November
  Lyon, France
  http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/

We invite you to:

  (1) review the week calendar and schedule for group meetings:
      http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/#Schedule

  (2) register (more below):
      http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/#Registration

  (3) make your hotel reservation (more below):
      http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/#Accommodation

Chairs, please forward this information to participants in your groups.

Advisory Committee representatives, please see below for information
about changes to the AC meeting structure.

If you have any questions, please contact Alexandra Lavirotte
<alex@w3.org>. We look forward to seeing you in November.

Alexandra Lavirotte

On registration and registration fees

There is a daily registration fee to offset meeting costs. The fee goes
up for those who have not registered by 22 October.

As in the past, registration is a two-step process:

   1) completing a registration form:
      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/

   2) using a payment system:
      http://www.w3.org/2010/11/tpac_reg.php

A lot more information about registration fees, the payment system,
and other relevant information is available on the TPAC 2010 home page:
   http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/#Registration

On accommodations: please reserve your room early

We have not reserved a block of rooms for this meeting, however we have
negotiated a discount rate at one of the hotels.  Though there are
several hotels convenient to the meeting location, we strongly recommend

that you reserve your rooms early in order to be able to take advantage
of this discount. (for example, before September).

For more information about accommodations, see:
  http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/#Accommodation

On changes to the AC Meeting structure

As you know, five task forces convened by the CEO are working on
presentations and plan to present proposals during TPAC 2010. We expect
this to be a significant opportunity for the Membership to participate
in strategic discussions and therefore plan two changes to the AC
meeting structure compared to TPAC 2009:

    1. The AC meeting would begin Tuesday early afternoon rather than
Tuesday evening.
    2. The week before TPAC, we would hold a briefing teleconference so
that (1) more people can attend, (2) people can hold internal
discussions to help prepare for more efficient face-to-face time, and
(3) to expose any issues that require task force clarification before
the AC meeting.

In the registration form, we ask for your feedback on the idea of a
remote briefing.