Re: What an XML processor must/may not tell a processor

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:02:43 +0100
To: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Cc: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>, <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

Grosso, Paul writes:

> Intrigued by your message subject but uninformed by your
> message content, I'm wondering if you found anything that
> an XML processor *may not* tell a processor.

Hmm, not much -- there is the well-argued-over "no real information
after an error" thing, but otherwise, no, I don't think I saw any
prohibitions.

I need to look again at the stuff about declarations after the first
external parameter entity ref. if you're not reading external
entities. . .

ht
- --
                Fax: (44) 131 651-1426, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk