Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2010 January 13

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:16:33 -0500
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday,
January 13, from
          08:00-09:00 Pacific time aka
          11:00-12:00 Eastern time aka
          16:00-17:00 UTC
          16:00-17:00 in Ireland and the UK
          17:00-18:00 in middle (most of) Europe
on the Zakim W3C Bridge, +1 617 761 6200, passcode 9652#.
We also use IRC channel #xmlcore on irc.w3.org:6665 .

See the XML Core group page [1] for pointers to current documents
and other information.  If you have additions to the agenda, please
email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.

Please also review our group page's task list [2] for accuracy and
completeness and be prepared to amend if necessary and accept it
at the beginning of the call.

1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
   the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
   or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.

3.  XML 1.0

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-errata

The XML 1.0 5th Edition Recommendation is at

Henry forwarded some email from Makoto about the 5th Ed at

4.  XML Test Suite.

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite

ACTION to Richard:  Construct a test case for the XML test suite
issues raised by Frans Englich:

5.  Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.0 and

NS 1.0 3rd Ed is now a Recommendation at

The NS 1.0 3rd Ed Errata document is at

The NS PE doc is at

6.  LEIRIs

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri

The WG Note defining LEIRIs is at

The following specs need to be revised to reference LEIRIs:
XML 1.0 6th Edition
XML 1.1 3rd Edition
XML Base 2nd Edition
XLink 1.1 (First Edition)
XInclude 3rd Edition

7.  xml:id

The xml:id Recommendation is at

John Cowan submitted a proposed erratum at

At one point we thought we had Consensus:
The sentence "A document that uses xml:id attributes
that have a declared type other than xs:ID will always generate
xml:id errors" in Appendix D.3 should be deleted.

But they we reconsidered.  Henry sent further email at

We did agree that applying xml:id processing does not have
any impact on the DTD/XSD validity of the document.

John re-summarized his thoughts at

ACTION to Henry (and others):  Continue the xml:id issue
discussion in email.

Richard pointed out the following note in XML Base
(just before section 3.1):

 This specification does not give the xml:base attribute
 any special status as far as XML validity is concerned.
 In a valid document the attribute must be declared in
 the DTD, and similar considerations apply to other schema

and suggested a similar note should go into xml:id in D.1.

There was also some email about some typos for which we (Henry)
should process an editorial erratum:

ACTION to Henry:  Process an xml:id erratum to correct the typos; ref

8.  XML Base 2nd Edition 2nd Rec

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-base

The XML Base 2nd Edition Recommendation is at

9.  XLink 1.1.

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1

The earlier XLink CR was published at

The XLink 1.1 LC was published at

The LC review period ended 16 May 2008.

Norm has prepared an updated DoC at

Paul summarized the open issues at

Norm replied at

ACTION to Norm:  Update the DoC accordingly.

The latest editor's draft (of the PR) is at
and a diff-with-the-last-CR draft is at

Henry finds the DTD/RelaxNG/XSD fragments throughout the spec unhelpful
and would like to remove them (leaving them only in the appendices).
Henry specifically referenced the example immediately preceding 5.3.
But this was in the CR, so we will probably leave it, but we will
remove the default for xlink:type.

Henry has updated the DTDs and sent things to Norm.

ACTION to Norm:  Update the draft with the correct DTD, XSD, and RNC.

We plan to skip CR and going directly to PR.

Paul drafted a PR transition request at

Norm created an updated IR at

ACTION to Norm:  Adding a mention of the test suite at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/03/xlink11-tests to the IR.

ACTION to Norm:  Create a diff between 1.0 and the 1.1 PR ready draft.

10.  XInclude 3rd Edition

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude

XInclude 2nd Edition is at:

See http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude for
LEIRI-related changes for the 3rd Edition.

ACTION to Daniel: Produce a PER-ready draft of XInclude 3rd Ed
with appropriate references to the IRI RFC for LEIRIs.

11.  Associating Stylesheets.

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss

Associating stylesheets with XML version 1.0 is at:

The Errata document is at:

We are working toward a PER for AssocSS 2nd Edition.

We have made our latest editor's draft at
publicly available for review and announced it in various fora.

There are already some comments on the comments list at

ACTION to Henry:  Start an issues list for AssocSS.

12.  xml-model

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-schemas

Paul and Jirka (now an invited expert member of the XML Core WG)
are co-editors of a WG Note.

A first internal editor's draft is available at
Norm has sent in a few comments.

ACTION to others in the WG:  Review and comment on the xml-model draft

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2009Dec/0003