FW: Comments on last editor's draft of xml-stylesheet [glazman-1]

[Forwarding with DanielG's permission.]

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Glazman [mailto:daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com]
Sent: Friday, 2010 August 06 10:06
To: Grosso, Paul
Cc: Tim Berners-Lee
Subject: Re: Comments on last editor's draft of xml-stylesheet
[glazman-1]

Paul,

I just discovered this:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010May/0012

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Aug/0001.html

the latter saying you got no response from me... I never received
that message, that's why. I checked my spam log and no trace
of it there either. I recommend you double-check with TBL,
could be the case for him too...

So let me comment here on the proposed changes:

- I agree that the proposed change clarifies the situation from
   your spec's point of view and in that sense, I accept the
   proposal.

- but it's still very clear that the absence of the media pseudo-
   attribute in the case of CSS is not well defined in other specs
   or even defined at all. We (hear W3C) then still have an
   architectural issue here, since the whole Web is currently based
   on the fact that the absence of |media| means |media="all"|
   for CSS.
   I am going to study that a bit further and push the issue to the
   CSS WG if necessary. Please note that XSL should do the same if they
   have the 'media' notion...

Best,

</Daniel>
--