W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > April 2010

Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2010 April 7

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:34:50 -0400
Message-ID: <CF83BAA719FD2C439D25CBB1C9D1D30212E24C10@HQ-MAIL4.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
 
We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday, 
April 7, from
          08:00-09:00 Pacific time aka
          11:00-12:00 Eastern time aka
          15:00-16:00 UTC 
          16:00-17:00 in Ireland and the UK  
          17:00-18:00 in middle (most of) Europe  
on the Zakim W3C Bridge, +1 617 761 6200, passcode 9652#.
We also use IRC channel #xmlcore on irc.w3.org:6665 .

See the XML Core group page [1] for pointers to current documents
and other information.  If you have additions to the agenda, please
email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.

Please also review our group page's task list [2] for accuracy and
completeness and be prepared to amend if necessary and accept it
at the beginning of the call.


Agenda
======
1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
   the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
   or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).


2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.


3.  XML 1.0--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-errata


4.  XML Test Suite.

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite

ACTION to Richard:  Construct a test case for the XML test suite 
issues raised by Frans Englich:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/ 


5.  Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1--see
   http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.0
   and http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.1.


6.  LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri


7.  xml:id--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-id


8.  XML Base 2nd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-base


9.  XLink 1.1.

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1

The XLink 1.1 PR was published at
 http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/PR-xlink11-20100225/
and the review per 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Feb/0030
ended last week.

ACTION to our staff contact:  Give an update on XLink 1.1.


10.  XInclude 3rd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude


11.  Associating Stylesheets.

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss

Associating stylesheets with XML version 1.0 is at:
http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629/

The Errata document is at:
http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629/errata

We are working toward a PER for AssocSS 2nd Edition.

Our latest public draft is at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2010/03/xml-stylesheet/

Simon had a comment about quotes; at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Mar/0038
Paul directs the editors to handle this as they prepare
the PER-ready draft.

We have another comment from Daniel Glazman that Paul suggests
we reject, but that did lead Paul to suggest we should change
"xml-stylesheet processors" (in the Note we just added to
section 2 to respond to issue holman) to "application".
The xml-ss processor does not exploit the information
in the PI at all; it passes it on to the application
which decides what to do with it.  Simon agrees with Paul's
suggestions. 

ACTION to Henry and Simon:  Make the change to the (second) 
Note in section 2 as suggested by Paul at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-stylesheet-comments/2010Mar/
0013

Daniel Glazman's comment is at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-stylesheet-comments/2010Mar/
0000

Paul responded to Daniel at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-stylesheet-comments/2010Mar/
0013

Daniel replied at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-stylesheet-comments/2010Apr/
0000

Paul forwarded Daniel's reply to the WG list and made some comments at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Apr/0000

We need to decide what to do about Daniel's latest comment.

Other than this latest from Daniel, we got acceptance of our
resolutions of all the other commentors.

ACTION to Henry: Update the DoC with pointers to commentors'
acceptance--and Daniel's comment.

ACTION to Henry and Simon:  Prepare a PER-ready draft of AssocSS.

Paul drafted a PER transition request for AssocSS at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Mar/0044

ACTION to our staff contact:  Review and comment on the draft
PER transition request.


12.  xml-model

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-schemas

The DoC is at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2010/02/xml-model-comments.html

The latest (public) editor's draft (dated 15 March 2010) is at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2010/01/xml-model/

ACTION to Jirka: Solicit feedback on the xml-model draft from 
SC 34/WG1.


paul

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Mar/0018
and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Mar/0041
Received on Monday, 5 April 2010 14:35:18 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 5 April 2010 14:35:19 GMT