Re: First Editors' draft of XML Stylesheet PI 2e

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 17:26:21 +0200, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Simon and I have completed our respective first passes at this
> document, which is now our proposed candidate first PWD:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2009/09/xml-stylesheet.html
>   http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2009/09/xml-stylesheet.xml
>
> Comments invited from the WG, before we go fully public.

(Some comments have been made already but not acted upon yet.)

"The xml-stylesheet processing instruction is parsed in the same way as a
start-tag, with the exception that entities other than predefined entities
must not be referenced."

I think this paragraph is not so suitable in the Abstract, and certainly
shouldn't use "must not".

"The key words must, must not and may in the normative parts of this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC2119, these words do not
appear in all uppercase letters in this specification. [RFC 2119]"

I think this statement is usually placed under Conformance requirements,
however I guess that doesn't matter much.

"A pseudo-attribute has a name and a value:"

name and value should probably be links.

"[Definition: The string matched by the Name symbol in the PseudoAtt
production above constitutes the name of the
correspondingpseudo-attribute]"

Missing space.

"[Definition: A processing instruction that is a child of a document but
does not appear after the element child of the document and has the target
xml-stylesheet is a processing instruction with pseudo-attributes, and is
said to be an xml-stylesheet processing instruction ] unless the
conditions specified in 4 Processing instructions with pseudo-attributes
require it to be ignored."

I think the trailing "unless..." should be part of the definition.

"[6]    StyleSheetPI    ::=    "<?xml-stylesheet" (S PIContent)? "?>""

This should be production [1], per previous discussion.

"A References (Non-Normative)"

All references except [HTML] should be normative.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software