Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2009 September 9

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 17:35:50 +0200, Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com> wrote:

> 11.  Associating Stylesheets.
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss
>
> Associating stylesheets with XML version 1.0 is at:
> http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629/
>
> The Errata document is at:
> http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629/errata
>
> The latest issues document with CONSENSUS resolutions is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2009/06/assocss-issues.htm
>
> Simon made a start at
>  http://simon.html5.org/specs/xml-stylesheet
>
> ACTION to Henry and Simon:  Produce a draft of the AssocSS 2nd Ed PER.

Note to everyone:

I consider http://simon.html5.org/specs/xml-stylesheet to be ready for
review; if you have comments, send them to the list.

Note to Henry:

It's generated with Anolis http://anolis.gsnedders.com/ (with this fancy
Web interface http://pimpmyspec.net/ ) from this source:

    http://simon.html5.org/specs/xml-stylesheet.src

IIRC, pubrules doesn't allow using HTML5 markup yet, but it's possible to
check the "Force HTML 4 compatible IDs." and "Quote attribute values"
checkboxes and then substitute the leading "<!DOCTYPE html><meta
charset="ascii">" with the HTML4 doctype to make it valid HTML4. (Don't
check the W3C compat checkboxes except "W3C compatible cross-reference
anchor placement". W3C compat refers to compat with the CSS WG Spec
postprocessor -- not W3C pubrules.)

(This is the same as how the HTML5 spec and a number of other W3C specs
are generated.)

If the XML Core WG has a different way to generate specs, that's fine with
me; if you convert the source document to the right format I can work with
that instead.

In any case, I would appreciate if you checked it in in a repository on
dev.w3.org (or wherever this WG usually places editor's drafts), and gave
me rights to use said repository.

Cheers,
--
Simon Pieters