RE: Comments on NS 3e need action (was Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2009 October 21)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-names-editor/2009Aug/0001.html

>  * From Ramkumar Menon, requesting explicit discussion of interaction
>    with XInclude:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-names-editor/2009Sep/0000.html

My suggestions:

Issue barclay-1
---------------
accept/implement all editorial suggestions

Issue matson-1: use XML 1.0 defn of NCName in NS 1.0 3rd Ed
I defer to others on the WG

Issue menon-1: discuss xinclude handling in NS 1.0 3rd Ed
No.

Issue bjoern-1: make URI syntax requirement an NSC
I believe we have long said that checking URI syntax is not
something we want to get into.  NS 1.0 1st Ed doesn't use
"must"; it says:

 The attribute's value, a URI reference, is the namespace name
 identifying the namespace.

I see the "must" crept into NS 1.0 2nd Ed text.  At the same
time, in section 8, we said "a processor...is not REQUIRED to
check that namespace names are legal URIs."

I suggest we either change the "must" in section 3 to a "should"
and/or we include the "processor...is not REQUIRED to check that
namespace names are legal URIs" statement right there in section 3.