RE: Liaison Statement on ISO/IEC 19757-11

As indicated in our email of 6 May 2009 archived at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2009May/0011
the XML Core WG of the W3C is willing to allow use
of the "xml-model" PI target as long as:

1.  an xml-model PI will be generic enough to be used by any
    application to associate any kind of schema with an XML
    document;

2.  the XML Core WG will be able to review drafts of the xml-model
    spec throughout its development; and

3.  the W3C will be able to republish the xml-model PI spec (or
    a parallel spec describing the same thing) as a W3C publication.

I understand your latest communication below to be agreement with
these three points, and under these circumstances, the XML Core WG
officially agrees to allow SC34 to use "xml-model" as a PI target
for these purposes.

The XML Core WG hopes to have a draft 2nd Edition of the "Associating
Stylesheets with XML documents" specification publicly available
soon, and we believe that will form a good basis for the upcoming
xml-model specification.  We will be sure to notify SC34 of its
availability as soon as the WG approves a draft, and we look forward
to working together on the xml-model spec.

Paul Grosso
for the W3C XML Core WG