Re: XML namespaces on the Web

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:18:56 -0500
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, public-html@w3.org, public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>

Le 18 nov. 2009 à 22:11, Maciej Stachowiak a écrit :
> How is that better for the user than just doing the recovery
> automatically?

It gives users the opportunity to report the error.
It is a social contract. We do, fix things, not only because we think
it is good to do them but because we have the pressure of the community.

It is also useful to be able for developers to notice errors.
Proximity invites actions.
If we have to go to a validator to see errors, it's already too far,
too many actions and then you can be sure that the quality will go
down (slippery slope)

--
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada