Re: XML namespaces on the Web

From: Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 07:40:33 -0500
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>, Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>, public-html@w3.org, public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 08:22:43PM -0800, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Who would be the client for knowledge that the document was not well-
> formed XML?

Whoever currently uses the knowledge that it's XML -- so that would
include e.g. browser "chrome" extensions as well as javascript
applications.  The primary use case that I see is for Web developers
debugging, so, e.g. a message in an "error console" where JavaScript/
ECMAScript and CSS warnings and errors go feels appropriate to me,
although I wouldn't want t oput anything that specific into any
spec anywhere.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/