From: Patrick Ion [mailto:ion@ams.org]
Sent: Thursday, 2009 November 12 10:14
To: chairs@w3.org
Cc: Bert Bos; Grosso, Paul; Paul Cotton; Sam Ruby; Maciej Stachowiak;
addison@amazon.com; Chris Lilley; David Carlisle; Robert Miner; Patrick
Ion
Subject: "XML Entity Definitions for Characters" Last Call Draft

Dear Chairs,

The W3C Math Working Group is submitting for publication, as

a Last Call Working Draft, the new

      "XML Entity Definitions for Characters"

with  a proposed dating of 17 November 2009,  at

     http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-entity-names/

Last Call Review end date:  8 December 2009

We expect to request an advance in Recommendation

status soon after that.  There is no obvious sense in which this

specification needs verification through implementations, though its

previous versions have been deployed. This document is intended

to be ready for  a hoped-for final approval along with the full

MathML3 <http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/>  specification and its ancillary
MathML for CSS profile.

Feedback on this document would be appreciated through

8 December 2009 via mail to www-math@w3.org <mailto:www-math@w3.org> .
Please include

"[Entities-last-call] " as a prefix in the subject line of

your email.

The Math WG Charter [http://www.w3.org/Math/Documents/Charter2006.html]
<http://www.w3.org/Math/Documents/Charter2006.html>

mentions relationships with other working groups.  We request review of
this

guideline document from:

   XML Core WG http://www.w3.org/XML/Core/

   HTML WG  http://www.w3.org/html/wg/

   I18N Working Group  http://www.w3.org/International/Group
<http://www.w3.org/International/core/>

If these WG have no particular interest reviewing our LC draft,

but no objections to its passage forward, we would appreciate

hearing from them. Of course, any other reviewers would be most

welcome as well.

The Math Group made and minuted the decision to go to Last Call:

http://www.w3.org/2009/11/12-math-minutes.html

The Last Call period for MathML3 has just ended and that for the

MathML for CSS profile will end next week.

No patent disclosures have been made for this specification.

[http://www.w3.org/Math/Disclosures]
<http://www.w3.org/Math/Disclosures>

On behalf of the W3C Math WG,

Patrick Ion and Robert Miner, Math WG Co-chairs

David Carlisle, Editor of "XML Entity Definitions for Characters"