FW: W3C TPAC2009 Meeting Schedule and Details

-----Original Message-----
From: chairs-request@w3.org [mailto:chairs-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of
Steve Bratt
Sent: Thursday, 2009 May 21 10:39
To: W3C Members; Ab@W3.Org; chairs@w3.org; Technical Architecture Group
Subject: W3C TPAC2009 Meeting Schedule and Details

Dear Advisory Committee Representatives, Chairs, AB and TAG Members,

W3C is pleased to announce that we are moving forward with W3C's
popular Technical Plenary/Advisory Committee Meetings Week, which will
be held, as announced, at the Santa Clara Marriott Hotel, Santa Clara,
California (Silicon Valley), 2-6 November 2009. I am happy to report
that many Chairs responded that their groups would like to gather at
TPAC2009 in California and take the opportunity to have group meetings
as well as liaise with participants from other groups.

A tentative schedule [1] of group meetings for Monday, Tuesday 2-3
November, and Thursday, Friday 5-6 November has been posted on the
TPAC2009 Overview page [2].  The Technical Plenary Day will be held
Wednesday 4 November, and the AC Executive Session will start on the
evening of Tuesday 3 November and will continue on Thursday morning
5 November.  Planning for the AC meeting will be discussed further with
you, learning from the successful experiments of the March 2009 meeting,
and making best use of a shorter time period.

The group meeting schedule [2] will be finalized Friday, 5 June 2009,
and the meeting registration will open 6 June 2009.

There will be an early-bird registration fee of 50 USD per person,
per day for these meetings [3].  And the fee will rise to 75 USD after a
date approximately 4-6 weeks before the meeting.  Details to come.

Hotel Information:
Please do your do you best to make hotel arrangements early
so that you can receive W3C's discount guest room rate for your
entire hotel stay [4]. We have done our best to offer a very
competitive guest room rate at the meeting hotel; 174 USD plus
applicable local and state taxes. As a special offer, the Santa
Clara Marriott will offer their in-room wireless Internet service for
free to all meeting attendees. We do ask meeting attendees to stay at
the meeting hotel so that we may meet our guest room quota and avoid
paying steep penalties or losing valuable meeting space.

The Santa Clara Marriott online reservation link for W3C's meeting
will be available in the next few days. We ask folks to book before
their summer holiday if possible. Hotel reservations can be easily
changed, and this will help us determine if we need to increase W3C's
block.

Susan Westhaver will inform you when the meeting and hotel registration
pages are available for your input.

Thank you all for your cooperation
and continued support.  TPAC2009 promises to be an incredibly useful,
important and interesting event.

Best Regards,

Steve

[1] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/overview.html#Group