Re: Editorial changes to XML 1.0 5e wrt Unicode

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:19:31 -0400
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: François Yergeau <francois@yergeau.com>, public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

Henry S. Thompson scripsit:

> One AC review of the XML 1.0 PER draft said
>
>     - Appendix J would be better if it suggested that all names comply
>       with normalization form C (<http://unicode.org/reports/tr15/>)

No problem with that.

>     - Item 4 in Appendix J will have regional exceptions. A couple of
>       regional exceptions are already listed, but those should be viewed
>       as example exceptions rather than unique ones. For example, Eszett
>       is still used in some Germanic regions (but not all)

My response is the same as before:  the point may be good but the
example given is not, since Eszett is not now, nor has it ever been,
a compatibility character.

--
John Cowan   http://ccil.org/~cowan    cowan@ccil.org
We want more school houses and less jails; more books and less arsenals;