Re: XPath2 F&O fn:id() broken wrt XPointer

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 20:56:17 -0400
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

Henry S. Thompson scripsit:

> I think we should ask QT for an erratum.

Let me make sure I understand this.  XQuery believes that an attribute of
type ID identifies its owner element (and so say we all), but an *element*
of type ID identifies *itself* rather than its parent element.

If that is what you mean, I agree that it is bogus and should be changed.

--
Even a refrigerator can conform to the XML      John Cowan
Infoset, as long as it has a door sticker       cowan@ccil.org