XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2008 October 27

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:49:20 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be November 5.

Status and open actions
=======================

Document reviews
----------------
The Last Call of Efficient XML Interchange Format 1.0 is at:
 http://www.w3.org/TR/exi/
The Last Call review period ends on 7th November 2008.

John's last review is at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Oct/0025

Change since previous publications are outlined at
http://www.w3.org/TR/exi/#changes

John has reviewed this and sees no specific issues
for the XML Core WG to raise.

ACTION to Paul:  Get the WG to approve a review comment
and send it in.

XML 1.0 5th Edition
-------------------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-errata

The XML 1.0 5th Edition PER was published at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/PER-xml-20080205/

An implementation report is at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2008/01/xml10-5e-implementation

The DoC is at
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2008/09/xml-5e/disposition.html

The latest almost-Rec-ready draft is at
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2008/09/XML5e/

ACTION to Henry:  Organize a transition telcon for XML 1.0 5th Ed.

XML Test Suite
--------------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite

Henry/Richard discussed the test suite issues raised by Frans Englich:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/

ACTION: Richard to construct a test case for these issues.

Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1
-------------------------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.0 and
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.1.

Richard has partially updated the NS PE doc at
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2001/05/proposed-xml-names-errata.html

Richard added some discussion at
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2001/05/proposed-xml-names-errata.html#npe29
The WG agreed with his direction and asked that he go forward with it.

ACTION to Richard:  Fill in a proposed resolution for NPE29.

ACTION to Richard:  Add an NPE changing URIs to IRIs in NS 1.0.

LEIRIs
------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri

A summary of what specs need to be revised to reference LEIRIs is at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Dec/0045

The draft WG Note defining LEIRIs is at
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2008/09/NOTE-leiri-20080926/

Henry sent out a transition request at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2008OctDec/0021
but then there were complications, and now we're into the
TPAC week.

ACTION to Henry:  Continue to progress the LEIRI WG Note.

XML Base 2nd Edition 2nd PER
----------------------------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-base

The (second) XML Base (Second Edition) PER has been published at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/PER-xmlbase-20080320/
and announced at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2008JanMar/0112

The XML Base PER review period ended 30 June 2008.

Richard developed an initial draft DoC document for XML Base at
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2008/09/xmlbase-2e/disposition.html

ACTION to Richard:  Finalize the DoC.

Eventual ACTION to Henry:  Take XML Base 2nd Ed to Rec.

XLink 1.1
---------
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1

The XLink 1.1 Last Call has been published at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-xlink11-20080331/

The LC review period ended 16 May 2008.

Norm has prepared a DoC at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2008/05/xlinklc/

ACTION to Henry:  Continue to get the XSD for
XLink at an accessible URI.

There's an open question about whether the XSD/DTD
should default the xlink:type attribute value.
None of this effects our last call because the
XSD/DTD are not normative.

John asked whether we should have two schemas, one for
each of our conformance levels.

ACTION to Henry, John:  Think about having a basic level
conformance XSD for XLink.

Paul asks us to consider skipping CR and going directly to PR.

ACTION to Henry:  Review the history and make a recommendation
as to whether we should skip CR and go directly to PR.

XInclude 3rd Edition PER
See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude

XInclude 2nd Edition is at:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xinclude-20061115

ACTION to Daniel: Produce a PER-ready draft of XInclude 3rd Ed
with appropriate references to the IRI RFC for LEIRIs.