W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > November 2008

Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2008 November 19

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:09:40 -0500
Message-ID: <CF83BAA719FD2C439D25CBB1C9D1D3020D773175@HQ-MAIL4.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>



Attendees
---------
Konrad 
John
Glenn 
Norm 
Paul 
Richard
Henry
Daniel  

[8 organizations (8 with proxies) present out of 9]

Regrets
------- 


Absent organizations
--------------------
François Yergeau



> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>    the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>    or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).
> 

Accepted.

> 
> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
> 
> The WebApps WG is publishing LC #2 of the selectors API spec:
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api/
> They explicitly request a review from the XML Core WG. 
> The review period will end December 12.
> 

John has volunteered to review it.

> 
> 3.  XML 1.0
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-errata
> 
> The XML 1.0 5th Edition PER has been published at
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/PER-xml-20080205/
> 
> The PER period ended 16 May 2008. 
> 
> An implementation report is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2008/01/xml10-5e-implementation
> 
> The DoC is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2008/09/xml-5e/disposition.html
> 
> The latest almost-Rec-ready draft is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2008/09/XML5e/
> 
> ACTION to Henry:  Organize a transition telcon for XML 1.0 5th Ed.

TimBL doesn't need to be on the call.  PLH will be the decider.

PLH decided that we don't need a full scale call.

Henry has sent a transition request at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2008OctDec/0106

At
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2008/09/XML5e/Overview.html#sec-common-syn
we have a definition of "name" that is new since PER. 

The errata document at
http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V10-4e-errata
also discusses this change (in E09).

The WG has CONSENSUS to accept the latest version of E09 that
updates the definition of "Name" in XML 1.0 5th Edition.

ACTION to Henry:  Work with PLH as necessary to advance 
XML 1.0 5th Ed to Rec and send out the announcement.

See also under Namespaces.

> 
> 
> 4.  XML Test Suite.
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite
> 
> ACTION to Richard:  Construct a test case for the XML test suite 
> issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/ 
> 
> 
> 5.  Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.0 and
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.1.
> 
> Richard has partially updated the NS PE doc at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2001/05/proposed-xml-names-errata.html
> 
> Richard added some discussion at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2001/05/proposed-xml-names-errata.html#npe29
> The WG agreed with his direction and asked that he go forward with it.
> 
> ACTION to Richard:  Fill in a proposed resolution for NPE29.
> 
> ACTION to Richard:  Add an NPE changing URIs to IRIs in NS 1.0.
> 
> James Clark pointed out that XML 1.0 5th Ed and NS 1.0 are
> now out of sync wrt Names, so we need to consider an
> erratum to NS 1.0.  Richard and Henry have suggested such:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2008Nov/0013
> 
> Henry and Richard suggest another correction at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2008Nov/0018
> 

See NPE31 and NPE32 in
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2001/05/proposed-xml-names-errata.html

The WG has CONSENSUS to approve NPE31 and NPE32.

John suggests crediting James Clark in the announcement.

ACTION to Henry:  Mention the latest Namespace Errata as part of 
the XML 1.0 5th Edition announcement.

> 
> 6.  LEIRIs
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri
> 
> A summary of what specs need to be revised to reference LEIRIs is at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Dec/0045
> 
> Martin's has made a new latest version of IRI-bis available at 
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-duerst-iri-bis-04
> 
> The progression of XML Base, XLink, and XInclude
> (and XML 1.0 6th Ed) all must await this note.
> 
> The WG Note defining LEIRIs is published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-leiri-20081103/
> 
> 
> 7.  XML Base 2nd Edition 2nd PER
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-base
> 
> The (second) XML Base (Second Edition) PER has been published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/PER-xmlbase-20080320/
> and announced at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2008JanMar/0112
> 
> The XML Base PER review period ended 30 June 2008.
> 
> Richard developed an initial draft DoC document for XML Base at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2008/09/xmlbase-2e/disposition.html
> 
> ACTION to Richard:  Update the DoC pointing to our response to
> the commentor and their acceptance, if any.  See also
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2008Sep/0015
> for more suggestions on how to present the DoC.
> 
> ACTION to Richard:  Finalize the DoC.
> 
> ACTION to Richard:  Update the spec to reference the LEIRI note.
> 
> ACTION to Henry:  Take XML Base 2nd Ed to Rec.
> 
> 
> 8.  XLink 1.1.
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1
> 
> The earlier XLink CR was published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-xlink11-20060328/ 
> 
> The XLink 1.1 LC was published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-xlink11-20080331/
> 
> The LC review period ended 16 May 2008.
> 
> Norm has prepared a DoC at 
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2008/05/xlinklc/
> 
> ACTION to Henry:  Continue to get the XSD for
> XLink at an accessible URI.
> 
> There's an open question about whether the XSD/DTD 
> should default the xlink:type attribute value. 
> None of this effects our last call because the
> XSD/DTD are not normative.
> 
> John asked whether we should have two schemas, one for
> each of our conformance levels.
> 
> ACTION to Henry, John:  Think about having a basic level
> conformance XSD for XLink.
> 
> Paul asks us to consider skipping CR and going directly to PR.
> 
> ACTION to Henry:  Review the history and make a recommendation
> as to whether we should skip CR and go directly to PR.
> 
> 
> 9.  XInclude 3rd Edition
> 
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
> 
> XInclude 2nd Edition is at:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xinclude-20061115
> 
> See http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude for
> LEIRI-related changes for the 3rd Edition.
> 
> ACTION to Daniel: Produce a PER-ready draft of XInclude 3rd Ed
> with appropriate references to the IRI RFC for LEIRIs.
> 
> 
> [1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
> [2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
> [3] 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2008Nov/0005
> 
Received on Wednesday, 19 November 2008 17:11:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 19 November 2008 17:11:18 GMT