possible issue with LEIRI definition in draft-duerst-iri-bis-02.txt

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 12:31:40 -0500
To: "Martin Duerst" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, "Addison Phillips" <addison@yahoo-inc.com>
Cc: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>, <public-i18n-core@w3.org>, <public-iri@w3.org>

I was just rereading the LEIRI section of
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-bis-02.txt
where it says:

 The syntax of Legacy Extended IRIs is the same as that
 for IRIs, except that ucschar is redefined....

In section "2.2. ABNF for IRI References and IRIs", it
has a production for IRI (that has a required scheme)
and another for IRI-reference.

One could read section 7 to say that a LEIRI must match
the production for IRI which would mean there could be
no such thing as a relative LEIRI.  I'm quite sure we
don't want this.

I think section 7 needs to say:

 The syntax of Legacy Extended IRIs is the same as that
 for IRI-reference, except that ucschar is redefined....

since the production for IRI-reference is:

  IRI-reference = IRI / irelative-ref

making IRI-reference the most inclusive one.