RE: possible issue with LEIRI definition in draft-duerst-iri-bis-02.txt

Hello Paul,

At 00:44 08/07/31, Grosso, Paul wrote:

>Martin,
>
>The XML Core WG does believe that all of our specs
>that allow what we are calling LEIRIs actually allow
>Legacy Extended IRI *references*.

That was my guess too, but I didn't want to imply anything.

>I suppose that means you could define the term LEIRI
>to mean Legacy Extended IRI *reference* in section 7
>of IRI-bis, but I would think that would be confusing.

I very much agree.

>And I suppose we may find a spec out there that
>requires a Legacy Extended IRI rather than a
>Legacy Extended IRI reference.

Yes indeed.

>So I would tend to have IRI-bis section 7 define both
>LEIRI and LEIRI reference (as I believe you are saying
>you've done in your latest internal draft), and then
>the XML Core specs that are awaiting IRI-bis can use
>the term "LEIRI reference".

Okay. I have indeed put in the term LEIRI reference,
but given that this is the main term you are after,
I'm planning to tweak the balance a bit more in favor
of it (I'd gess currently it's LEIRI 20 vs. LEIRI
reference 1).

I hope to get this done over the weekend, and plan to
make this -04 to give you a chance to check.

Regards,    Martin.