RE: XML 1.0 PER

I probably didn't explain what I was thinking well enough.

When I said:

> If John and Francois agree on these wording changes and no one
> else disagrees, I suggest we do them.
>
> But please make a PE for these appendix J changes before making
> these changes to the spec itself.  (Let's not worry about countdown
> for this PE, but just assume that when we vote to take XML 1.0 5th Ed
> to PER, that will be equivalent to approving this PE.)

I meant that we should implement these changes (unless you disagree
or someone else screams), but also make a PE for them so that we'll
have an actual PE number to reference in the review version of the
spec and we'll have a real erratum to track this change.

That's what I was trying to convey with the parenthetical sentence,
but I realize I wasn't clear.

What I'd like to have before next Wednesday's telcon is a PER-ready
draft including the Appendix J changes (i.e., what is now the PE 164
changes) so that we can vote to take it to PER during next week's
telcon.  We will consider that vote to imply WG approval of PE 164
so that we can consider PE 164 resolved (along with the rest of the
PEs in countdown until Jan 16) so that we will then have no unresolved
PEs, and (unless I'm still confused) all PEs *EXCEPT PE 161* will be
reflected in XML 1.0 5th Edition.

Does that make sense to you and sound like a reasonable plan?