RE: Last call announcement: CURIEs

The minutes of 2008-06-4 at [1] (a meeting I missed) say:

<excerpt>
Norm plans to review it. John did a review.

As long as you don't claim they're namespaces, we don't
care what you do in XML content.

Henry wonders about where they came down on alternate
namespace binding mechanisms for CURIE prefixes in XML
languages.

Section 3 reveals "Such host languages MAY also provide
additional prefix mapping definition mechanisms."

Henry expresses concern that a user who sees an alternate
mechanism and then tries to use that mechanism for element
and attribute names will be confused.

John doesn't think it's a problem.

Henry: they still aren't clear on whether or not barenames
are CURIES.  The schema data type doesn't allow it, but
the BNF does.

Norm: Do we want to make a WG comment?

No, apparently not.
</excerpt>

Apparently, we can't not make a WG comment.

Norm, did you ever review CURIEs?

Norm, Henry, did the TAG send in a review?

We need to figure out what we want to send in for a review.

paul

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2008Jun/0001