XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2007 September 17

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:34:27 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be September 26.

Status and open actions
=======================

XML clarification
-----------------
Norm sent email about < in attribute values at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Apr/0006

Glenn's proposed wording is at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007May/0024
and slightly modified by
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007May/0030

ACTION to Francois:  Add this to the PE document for countdown.

EXI first WD
------------
Title: Efficient XML Interchange (EXI) Format 1.0
Pre pub URI: http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/EXI/docs/format/exi.html
Post pub TR URI: http://www.w3.org/TR/exi/

ACTION to John Cowan:  Review and report to XML Core list.

C14N 1.1
--------
The C14N 1.1 Candidate Recommendation is published at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-xml-c14n11-20070621

Konrad had pointed out some issues with Appendix A.  He sent email
with the latest suggested updated version of Appendix A and examples:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Jun/0050

HRRI RFC
--------
The latest HRRI draft was published as an ID on May 14 at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-walsh-tobin-hrri-01.txt

The most recent editor's draft is at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2007/04/hrri/draft-walsh-tobin-hrri-01c.html

Henry sent email to I18N Core suggesting our LEIRI solution at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Aug/0032
but we have received no reply.

Henry reports his suggestion was well-received, but we
await an actual response.

Once we get a response, we need to press for a draft,
then we can take XLink 1.1 to PR and XML Base to PER
even though we'll have to wait for an RFC to take
those specs to Rec.

XML 1.0/1.1
-----------
ACTION to Francois:  Process PE 152 and 153 as accepted errata.

ACTION to Francois:  Put PE 157 into countdown.

ACTION to Francois:  Put PE 158 into countdown.

ACTION to Richard:  Look at PE156 at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/08/proposed-xml10-4e-and-xml11-2e-errata.html
#PE156
and comment.

---

Henry/Richard discussed the test suite issues raised by Frans Englich:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/

Richard reports that the 2005 issue has been resolved in the latest
draft.

The one from 2006, character references with numbers with dozens
of digits, may not be.

ACTION: Richard to construct a test case for these issues.

XML 1.1 deployment
Discussion continues.