C14N 1.1 Appendix A [was: Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2007 October 24]

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:40:43 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

> > The C14N 1.1 Candidate Recommendation is published at
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-xml-c14n11-20070621

> See some appendix A corrections/improvements suggested by Konrad at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-canonicalization-comments/20
07Jun/att-0000/Apendix.html

> See also more email at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Jun/0031

I looked at this again hoping that I would see several
obvious corrections to the appendix A in our CR when I
looked at Konrad's version.

Instead, I saw various differences in several places
that went beyond what I expected to the extent that I
cannot evaluate which is correct.

Which all goes to prove even further to me that we could
run around on this forever which I do not want to do.

I need help figuring out what is what with this appendix.

I need someone to point out word by word what is wrong
with what we have now in the CR and how to fix it.  I
need several people understanding each change and agreeing
that it should be made.

I'd put this off to the f2f if we were going to have the
necessary people at the f2f, but we aren't.  So we really
need to have this addressed in email before the f2f.

Please try to spend some time on this soon.