XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2007 October 1

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:35:17 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be October 10.

Status and open actions

C14N 1.1
The C14N 1.1 Candidate Recommendation is published at

Konrad had pointed out some issues with Appendix A.  He sent email
with the latest suggested updated version of Appendix A and examples:

There is another thread on C14N 1.1 at

The latest HRRI draft was published as an ID on May 14 at

The most recent editor's draft is at

Henry sent email to I18N Core suggesting our LEIRI solution at

We received a reply at

We still await comments and schedule from Martin.

We need to press for a public draft of the IRI revision, then
we can take XLink 1.1 to PR and XML Base to PER even though
we'll have to wait for an RFC to take those specs to Rec.

XML 1.0/1.1
The following XML PE are in countdown until next telcon:

PE156 Inclusion of external entities
PE157 UTF-16 and Byte Order Mark
PE158 UTF-8 BOM
PE159 No < in Attribute Values

for further details

Henry/Richard discussed the test suite issues raised by Frans Englich:

Richard reports that the 2005 issue has been resolved in the latest

The one from 2006, character references with numbers with dozens
of digits, may not be.

ACTION: Richard to construct a test case for these issues.

XML 1.1 deployment
Discussion continues.