RE: v3 proposed changes to C14N11 (sections 2.4, 3.8, Appendix A and xml:id)

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:02:29 -0500
To: "Frederick Hirsch" <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
Cc: "Thomas Roessler" <tlr@w3.org>

Thanks.

> (8) Clarify that table to be added to appendix A, as presented in

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Jun/att-0050/
Apendix_20060625.html

You say "added to" above, but I thought we decided to delete
the 3986-ish algorith from appendix A entirely, as your
"clean" version seems to imply.

Am I correct to understand that you are suggesting (as I
believe we decided at the f2f) to replace the current
Appendix A with your suggested introductory sentence
and then the table (but not the algorithm) seen at the
URL you cite above?

-------

Also, per our f2f minutes:

 Then we noticed a problem in the merging process (which
 produces the input to the "Appendix A process"): where
 'Base' argument to join-uris ends with "..". 3986 merge
 will discard that ".." which is wrong.

 ACTION to Thomas and Frederick: Get implementors to run
 this new test case and report the results.

Am I correct that your latest suggested wording and examples
address this issue?

Any reports from implementors on this issue?