Re: Internet draft submission: draft-walsh-tobin-hrri-00

/ "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com> was heard to say:
| I have some minor comments that we can keep for
| the next draft/RFC and then I have a question (below).

Fixed.

| ---
|
| Richard had also suggestion (in section 2) changing
|
|   converting that string to an IRI

|   converting that string to a URI or IRI

Fixed

| ---
|
| I see we now first mention HRRI in section 3 after the bullet
| points (in fact, in a sentence about what is NOT an HRRI).
|
| I would prefer to see us first mention it at the beginning
| of section 3, to wit:
|
|   A Human Readable Resource Identifier (HRRI) is a sequence...

Fixed.

| =========
|
| I know we discussed this, but now I'm confused.
|
| Why don't we talk about percent-encoding percents?
|
| We say "%%%" is an invalid HRRI.  Is "ab%d" an invalid HHRI?
| If not, then don't we need to percent-encode the %?
|
| And if we are percent-encoding percents, in what way is "%%%"
| an invalid HRRI?  Shouldn't one percent-encode the percents thereby
| producing a valid IRI?

We can't encode percents, because doing so would be destructive.
http://www.example.com/%7enorm is a perfectly valid HRRI, but if
we turned that into http://www.example.com/%257enorm, we'd have
completely changed its meaning.

                                        Be seeing you,