Re: John Cowan's review of outstanding PEs

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 05:10:11PM -0500, John Cowan wrote:
> I see no reason, given that we at least de-emphasizing XML 1.1, to give
> it this kind of extensibility until there is a proven need.

It seems to me that it's a good way to allow for the (slight)
possibility of an XML 1.2 in the future, without doing any harm
in the mean-time.  It also improves the fiction about any XML
processor being able to handle any XML document.

I wouldn't want to lose the proposed changes to name characters
because of lack of consensus over versioning, though.

Best,

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/