Re: John Cowan's review of outstanding PEs

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:10:11 -0500
To: François Yergeau <francois@yergeau.com>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

François Yergeau scripsit:

> >PE 160, Appendix J, needs some heavy revision, which I propose in a
> >separate message.
>
> I didn't see that message.

Oops.  It went for some reason to public-xml-core-wg instead of to
public-xml-core-wg@w3.org; i.e. nowhere.  I have resent it.

> >PE 162 (1.1 versions) should *not* be approved.  IMHO, the delicate
> >balance we have between XML 1.0 and XML 1.1 should be left entirely alone.
>
> Actually I have no idea why we are doing that.

I see no reason, given that we at least de-emphasizing XML 1.1, to give
it this kind of extensibility until there is a proven need.

--
When I'm stuck in something boring              John Cowan
where reading would be impossible or            (who loves Asimov too)