FW: [css3-namespace] XML Core WG's review

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Dubost [mailto:karl@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, 2006 September 06 22:46
To: Grosso, Paul
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: [css3-namespace] XML Core WG's review

Hi Paul,

[[[
1) At the point in 3.3 where namespace prefixes are said to be case-
insensitive, we'd like it pointed out (a) why this is so and (b) that
even though XML documents have case-sensitive prefixes, there is no
conflict, because the prefixes in the CSS need not be identical with
those in the XML. (We realize you make this point later.)
]]]

-- [css3-namespace] XML Core WG's review from Grosso, Paul on
2006-09-06 (www-style@w3.org from September 2006)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Sep/0045.html
Wed, 06 Sep 2006 20:36:35 GMT

There is no conflict with XML Namespace indeed, but the case
insentivity seems to make it impossible to style element with two
similar prefix and different case.

See rationale and example in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Sep/0033

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/