Re: XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2006 October 16

From: Konrad Lanz <Konrad.Lanz@iaik.tugraz.at>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:07:22 +0200
To: Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>, public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Hi Richard,

I have quickly reviewed the xmlbase-2e
(http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/09/xmlbase-2e/) and I think it's good.

However I would like add a few minor things.

* Please, change <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
http-equiv="Content-Type"> to <meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
http-equiv="Content-Type"> otherwise the TOC looks like in the
attachment "TOC.PNG" in my Browser.

* How about changing the last sentence in section 5.2 "Granularity of
base URI information" to
The base URI of an element bearing an |xml:base| attribute having a
value that is not a valid XML Resource Identifier is undefined and SHOULD
cause an error on URI resolution.

* May I further suggest to add the following sentence to section 5.4
"Interpretation of same-document references".
Hence, |xml:base="" or ||xml:base="#fragment"| do not have any effect
and SHOULD not be used.

I would also add a section for possible acknowledgments.

Grosso, Paul schrieb:
> [...]
> XML Base
> --------
> Richard updated the spec some more just before this telcon,
> and he thinks we are about ready to go.
> But Richard thinks we might want to publish this as a WD
> before going to PER.
> [...]
> ACTION to Konrad:  Review Richard's latest draft at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/09/xmlbase-2e/

Konrad Lanz, IAIK/SIC - Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 16a, 8010 Graz, Austria
Tel: +43 316 873 5547
Fax: +43 316 873 5520

Certificate chain (including the EuroPKI root certificate):

(image/png attachment: TOC.PNG)