Re: XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2006 October 16

Hi Richard,

I have quickly reviewed the xmlbase-2e
(http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/09/xmlbase-2e/) and I think it's good.

However I would like add a few minor things.

* Please, change <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
http-equiv="Content-Type"> to <meta content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
http-equiv="Content-Type"> otherwise the TOC looks like in the
attachment "TOC.PNG" in my Browser.

* How about changing the last sentence in section 5.2 "Granularity of
base URI information" to
"""
The base URI of an element bearing an |xml:base| attribute having a
value that is not a valid XML Resource Identifier is undefined and SHOULD
cause an error on URI resolution.
"""

* May I further suggest to add the following sentence to section 5.4
"Interpretation of same-document references".
"""
Hence, |xml:base="" or ||xml:base="#fragment"| do not have any effect
and SHOULD not be used.
"""

I would also add a section for possible acknowledgments.

regards
Konrad

--
Konrad Lanz, IAIK/SIC - Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 16a, 8010 Graz, Austria

Certificate chain (including the EuroPKI root certificate):
https://europki.iaik.at/ca/europki-at/cert_download.htm