W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > May 2006

Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2006 May 17

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:49:48 -0400
Message-ID: <CF83BAA719FD2C439D25CBB1C9D1D3020357A7C9@HQ-MAIL4.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>


Attendees
---------
 Paul
 Ravi on IRC
 Glenn 
 Norm
 Richard
 Philippe  
 François 

Guests for the C14N discussion
------------------------------
Thomas Roessler
Konrad Lanz
Jose Kahan

[7 organizations (7 with proxies) present out of 10]

Regrets
-------  
Daniel 
Lew
Henry
Leonid

Absent organizations
--------------------
Daniel Veillard (with regrets)
Lew Shannon (with regrets)
John Cowan


> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>    the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>    or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

Accepted.

> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
> 
> DV sends regrets for May 17, 24.
> 
> Lew sends regrets for May 17, 24.
> 
> HT sends regrets for May 17.

Glenn sends regrets for May 23.

> 
> ----
> 
> John Cowan says our defn of IRIs in XLink and soon to
> be in XML differs from the defn in 3987. 
> 
> Richard says we're not saying that.  We are defining
> something new called XML Resource Identifiers that, 
> after escaping, are IRIs. 
> 
> John Cowan then worried about XML Schema's anyURI defn
> which mentioned "internationalized resource identifiers"
> (lower case).
> 
> ACTION to John:  Review the specs to see if there remain
> any problems.

ACTION to John continued.

> 
> 3.  C14N 
> 
> Glenn created an editor's draft of C14N 1.1 which is up at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/02/WD-xml-c14n11
> 
> We had some discussion at the f2f--see
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/02/xml-f2f-20060302-minutes.htm#c14n
> 
> At the f2f, we decided to produce a W3C WG Note documenting 
> the current situation and issues and problems.
> 
> Thomas wrote an outline of this note at
> http://www.w3.org/2006/04/c14n-note
> 
> ACTION to Thomas:  Produce a first editors draft of the 
> C14N note by Monday, June 5th.
> 
> Glenn sent out an updated draft now at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/05/WD-xml-c14n11-20060510.html
> 
> We discussed the xml:base wording in 2.4.  Richard provided a 
> suggested solution at:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006May/0014

Glenn wonders how to merge Richard's wording into
the existing spec.

ACTION to Konrad by May 22:  Post to the list new wording
based on Glenn's draft and Richard's wording making clear
what parts of the current draft gets replaced by his
suggested wording.

> 
> 4.  xml:base, [baseURI], and IRIs.
> 
> At the f2f, we had CONSENSUS to change the 
> xml:base spec to make it clear we allow IRIs as the 
> value of xml:base. We also want to allow IRIs in the 
> infoset [baseURI] information item.
> 
> One paragraph in the Infoset says the baseURI may
> have unescaped characters, but elsewhere it says
> the baseURI follows XML Base which points to RFC 2396.
> If we change XML Base, we shouldn't have to change
> the Infoset spec much.
> 
> 
> 5.  XLink update.
> 
> XLink is now in CR--published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-xlink11-20060328/ 
> 
> Norm sent some email about his test suite at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Mar/0066
> 
> 
> 6. XML errata.  The published 1.0 errata document is [8], the
>    published 1.1 errata document is [9], and the new (public)
>    Potential Errata (PE) document is [7]. 
> 
> Francois has developed almost-ready editor's drafts
> of both XML 1.0 4th Ed and XML 1.1 2nd Ed at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/05/xml10-4e/PER-xml-2006mmdd-review.html 
> and
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/05/xml11-2e/PER-xml11-2006mmdd-review.html
> There are also non-diff XHTML versions (remove "-review") and 
> XML versions, with all ancillary files in place to render them. 
> 
> The implementations report URLs still point to 404s, pending 
> resolution. Francois added language for the AC review in the Status, 
> but we still need to decide on an end date for the review.
> 
> ACTION to Henry:  Check on what we can do here regarding
> Implementation Reports for XML 1.x PERs.  Note also Paul's
> comments on this at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006May/0010
> 
> ACTION to Henry:  Set up the necessary WBS and send the
> URL to Francois for inclusion in the SOTD.

Henry sent email about this at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006May/0021

We decided we were case 3 and therefore require a review.

We believe we can point to the existing Implementation Reports.

We will ask the implementors during PER to confirm that
their implementations remain conformant given the changes
we are making to the latest editions.

ACTION to Francois:  Edit the existing Implementation Reports
(e.g., so that they don't just refer to 3rd Ed) and edit the
latest PER drafts to point to these (existing) IRs.

ACTION to Paul (during PER):  Ask implementors to confirm that
their implementations remain conformant given the changes
we are making to the latest editions.

Plan is to publish the first week of June.

ACTION to Paul:  Start checking status and such and draft 
a PER request--see
http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transition?docstatus=per-tr

> 
> 7. Namespaces in XML.
> 
> Richard has PER-ready editor's drafts of both 1.0 and 1.1
> new editions:
> 
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/04/xml-names-2e/xml-names-10-2e.html
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/04/xml-names-2e/xml-names-11-2e.html
> 
> There are also diff versions:
> 
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/04/xml-names-2e/xml-names-10-2e-diff.html
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/04/xml-names-2e/xml-names-11-2e-diff.html
> 
> Richard requests that someone review the new versions.
> 
> ACTION to Richard (after this week's telcon):  Apply the
> "more cases of abusing the xml and xmlns prefix" PE to 
> the 2 Errata documents.

CONSENSUS to go with the latest erratum.

ACTION to Richard:  Update the Errata document accordingly.

ACTION to Paul:  Start checking status and such and draft 
a PER request.

> 
> 8. Xinclude Rec was published 2004 December 30 at:
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xinclude-20041220/
> 
> Our XInclude potential errata document is at:
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2005/01/proposed-xinclude-errata
> 
> Daniel has updated the Errata document at
> http://www.w3.org/2004/12/xinclude-errata 
> 
> Daniel has drafted XInclude 2nd Edition with all 
> the errata (including the IRI one) applied. Result is 
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/04/XInclude/REC-xinclude-20060423.html
> with a diff version at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/04/XInclude/REC-xinclude-20060423-review.html
> 
> ACTION to Francois:  Review section 4.1.1 at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/04/XInclude/REC-xinclude-20060423-review.html#IRIs
> and see if it references the XML spec as we intended.
> 
> Still need to handle errata document for the new edition
> and other front matter.

ACTION to Paul:  Start checking status and such and draft 
a PER request.

> 
> 9.  Associating stylesheets--awaiting TAG action.
> 
> Henry reports that the HTML CG has been discussing this
> for a while.  They are developing a draft statement of
> the issue, and Chris Lilley will raise this at the XML CG.
> 
> Chris started the discussion on the XML CG list--see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-cg/2005Jul/thread.html#15
> The XML CG will continue to discuss it for a while.
> 
> 
> 10.  Henry raises that RFC 3023 is out of date and the draft
> replacement has expired.  
> 
> Chris has gotten the source and made the changes.
> 
> There is a draft at
> http://www.w3.org/2006/02/son-of-3023/draft-murata-kohn-lilley-xml-02.txt
> that can be reviewed now with comments sent to the XML Core
> mailing list and/or Chris Lilley.
> 
> Chris planned to open it up for public review April 26th, 
> but there is of yet no updated info on this.
> 
> When 3023bis becomes a reality, we might have some
> specs that need updating for the reference, but we
> don't expect any major changes.
> 
> Paul sent some comments on 3023bis to the XML CG at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-cg/2006Apr/0026
> 
> 
> [1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
> [2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
> [3] 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006May/0015
> [7]
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/02/proposed-xml10-3e-and-xml11-errata.html
> [8] http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V10-3e-errata
> [9] http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V11-1e-errata
> [11] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml-rdfa-primer-20060310/ 
> [12] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml-rdfa-primer-20060310/#id69192 
> 
Received on Wednesday, 17 May 2006 15:50:33 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:33 GMT