RE: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2006 May 10

I just ran through what we call "substantive" errata in
http://www.w3.org/XML/xml-V11-1e-errata
and I see rationales like:
 "This was an oversight...."
 "The sentence was inconsistent with another one...."
 "It was not clear...."
 "The spec was not clear...."
 "The S in production [32] ... was mistakenly changed ... in XML 1.1...."
 "The original text confusingly used the word "intent"...."

Those all sound like spec clarifications, not anything
that requires "implementation"--or at least, nothing
that requires that we document that it is implementable.

As such, I see nothing wrong with continuing to point
to the same implementation reports as we do in the
previous editions for both specs.

> 2) I'm not sure what to do with the diff markup (colorization) of the
> changes to 2119 keywords (only MAYs, in fact, IIRC). In 3rd
> edition when
> we introduced the keywords, we said so in the status section
> but did not
> use any diff markyup in the text.

> 2b)  If we want to keep the diff markup on the 2119 keywords that do
> change, then there is the issue of which erratum to point to
> (all other
> changes have a link to the proper erratum).  Right now we
> have a PE in
> the running log, but no officially published erratum for the 2219
> changes.  We could either make an official erratum and point
> to it, or keep the colorization but have no link.
>
> Opinions?

Assuming we mention the fact in the status section that
we did some (de-)2119-ization, I'd be fine with NOT
keeping the diff markup in the text.

But if we want to show diff markup (only for the changed
ones), I'm fine with showing the colorization but not
having it link to anything.

Just because I'm afraid someone will ask us exactly
which ones changed, I'd lean toward the second option.

paul