Re: FW: Transition request: First Public Working Draft for "The Disposition of Names in an XML Namespace"

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:33:05 -0500
To: François Yergeau <francois@yergeau.com>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

Fran?ois Yergeau scripsit:

> This should be "Namespace *change* policy", as this is what it specifies
> (correctly as per the draft finding: "Specifications ... SHOULD
> explicitly state their policy with respect to changes in the names...").

+1

> The best option is probably to point to IETF PCP 47 at
> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/bcp/bcp47.txt, which currently returns
> RFC 3066 but will return RFC3066bis as soon as publihsed.

Typo: BCP 47, not PCP 47.  I'm glad you agree with me.  :-)

> I would propose to remove that entire section and simply add a reference
> (http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry) to the BCP
> 47 entry in Related Resources.

I'd go further: remove the whole "Language Codes" section and add nothing.
The subtag registry by itself isn't very useful without RFC 3066bis, and
it's downright misleading with respect to RFC 3066.

--
John Cowan  cowan@ccil.org  www.ap.org  www.ccil.org/~cowan
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths