Re: Appling inheritance rule to xml:base, was Re: FINAL minutes for the XML

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:02:47 -0500
To: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

John Boyer scripsit:

> Can you provide an example where copying the xml:base breaks something?
> I have not found such an example before...

<a xml:base="http://example.com/foo/bar/baz/zam/papo/pippo">
  <b xml:base="../..">
    <c href="foobar"/>
  </b>
</a>

If this is canonicalized, the c element will be rewritten as

    <c xml:base="../.." href="foobar"/>

which obviously gives the URI in the href attribute different semantics.

--
John Cowan  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.ap.org  cowan@ccil.org
There are books that are at once excellent and boring.  Those that at