Re: [richard@inf.ed.ac.uk: xml:base, yet again]

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 08:35:38 -0400
To: Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
CC: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org, John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>

> Thanks.  We initially came to the same conclusion in the Core WG, but
> we have been told that it was not the intention of the RFC authors
> that it be interpreted in this way.

This is why normative test suites demonstrating what's actually supposed
to happen are damned important. I'm still confused, though. Why does the
evaluation of a URL in an XInclude href attribute *not* count as a
retrieval action? I certainly intend to retrieve what's at the end of
the URL.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!