Re: Tests for XML and Namespaces

From: Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:16:26 +0100 (BST)
To: daniel@veillard.com, Richard Tobin <richard@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

>   Hum, could you be a bit more explicit ? Where exactly are they,
> and how can I run just those tests and check the output ? Sorry
> but helping me a bit may be needed if you want results/fixes in
> a timely fashion :-)

First you check out the test suite from CVS; it's at

  dev.w3.org:/sources/public/2001/XML-Test-Suite

and then ideally you point your test harness at the xmlconf directory
in it.  If you test harness has become rusty through disuse, just look
in the directories xmlconf/eduni/namespaces/errata-1e and
xmlconf/eduni/errata-3e.  Each contains a number of XML files, and the
files errata1e.xml and errata3e.xml respectively in those directories
specify whether each file is valid, invalid, or not well-formed.

-- Richard