From: David Ezell [mailto:David_E3@VERIFONE.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 2006 February 15 12:24
To: Grosso, Paul
Cc: w3c-archive@w3.org; C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
Subject: Pending publication of XML Schema LCWD -- request for review estimate

Dear WG chairs:

The XML Schema Working Group is preparing to publish a Last Call Working Draft of "XML Schema 1.1 Part 2:  Datatypes."  As the chairs of dependent working groups listed in our charter [1], it's important that you and your WG members have ample time to review the document.

The XML Schema WG has proposed a 6 week review period beginning on the targeted publication date of February 17, 2006, the review period ending March 31, 2006.

Please let me know whether or not you expect to be able to comply with our request for review during this proposed period.  If you don't believe a review by your WG is required, that information would be helpful, too.  Any feedback is welcome.

Note that I've done my best to cover the requisite groups from the charter, even though some groups have changed since our charter was written.  For instance, RDF Core I've replaced with SWBP and RDF Data Access.  If you have any other corrective suggestions please let me know.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
David Ezell, Chair
XML Schema WG

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/09/xmlap/xml-schema-wg-charter.html <http://www.w3.org/2003/09/xmlap/xml-schema-wg-charter.html>

Chairs list:
XML Query       -- Andrew Eisenberg, Jim Melton
XSL             -- Sharon Adler
XML Core        -- Paul Grosso, Norm Walsh
i18n Core       -- François Yergeau
HTML            -- Steven Pemberton
Xforms          -- John Boyer, Steven Pemberton
SWBP            -- Guus Schreiber, David Wood
RDF Data Access -- Dan Connolly
WS Addressing   -- Bob Freund
WS Choreography -- Martin Chapman
WS Description  -- Jonathan Marsh, Tony Rogers
XML Protocol    -- Michael Mahan
Databinding     -- Paul Downey