W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > December 2006

RE: Draft #2 Publication Request: Last Call for C14N 1.1 (and updated notes)

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:25:44 -0500
Message-ID: <CF83BAA719FD2C439D25CBB1C9D1D30205A4794B@HQ-MAIL4.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
Ouch, good catch! 
 
I changed it to:
 
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/12/WD-xml-c14n11.html
<http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/12/WD-xml-c14n11.html> 

 
paul


________________________________

	From: Glenn Marcy [mailto:gmarcy@us.ibm.com] 
	Sent: Wednesday, 2006 December 13 10:23
	To: Grosso, Paul
	Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
	Subject: Re: Draft #2 Publication Request: Last Call for C14N
1.1 (and updated notes)
	
	

	The C14N link below is the old one. 
	
	public-xml-core-wg-request@w3.org wrote on 12/13/2006 11:01:17
AM:
	
	> 
	> 
	> I'm about to send out this LC pub request for C14N 1.1
	> and request for updates to the notes.
	> 
	> Last chance for any comments.
	> 
	> paul
	> 
	> -----------------------------------------------------
	> 
	> Eventually-to: webreq@w3.org; timbl@w3.org; steve@w3.org
	> Eventually-cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org; chairs@w3.org;
	> w3t-comm@w3.org
	> 
	> 
	> The XML Core WG requests publication of 
	>   Canonical XML 1.1
	> available at
	> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/10/WD-xml-c14n11.html
	> as a Last Call Working Draft. 
	> 
	> In parallel, we also request publication of 
	>   Known Issues with Canonical XML 1.0 (C14N/1.0)
	> available at
	> http://www.w3.org/2006/04/c14n-note/c14n-note.html
	> and
	>   Using XML Digital Signatures in the 2006 XML Environment
	> available at
	> http://www.w3.org/2006/04/c14n-note/dsig2006-note.html
	> as Working Group Notes. 
	> 
	> The URLs cited above are for the most recent Member-only 
	> versions of the specifications as of 2006 December 13 but 
	> dated 20 December 2006 in anticipation of that publication
	> date.
	> 
	> The C14N 1.1 document is set up to be published by moving it
to
	> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xml-c14n11-20061220/Overview.html
	> 
	> The Known Issues document is set up to be published by moving
it to
	>
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/NOTE-C14N-issues-20061220/Overview.html
	> 
	> The Using XML Digital Signatures document is set up to be
published 
	> by moving it to
	>
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/NOTE-DSig-usage-20061220/Overview.html
	> 
	> The WG's decision to request publication of C14N 1.1 as a Last
Call 
	> Working Draft and the notes as WG Notes was taken during a WG
telcon 
	> on 2006 December 6 whose minutes may be found at
	>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Dec/0006
	> 
	> A pre-announcement of the Last Call was made to the chairs
list at:
	> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2006OctDec/0068
	> 
	> 
	> SCHEDULE
	> 
	> We ask webreq/comm to publish these three documents on 20
December 2006.
	> 
	> We plan a long last call period for C14N 1.1 so that some
working 
	> groups that we expect to be chartered in Q1 2007 will have
some
	> time to review it.
	> 
	> 
	> TITLE, ABSTRACT AND STATUS SECTIONS
	> 
	> Canonical XML 1.1
	> =================
	> 
	> Abstract
	> --------
	> Canonical XML 1.1 is a revision to Canonical XML 1.0 to
address issues 
	> raised while producing the xml:id specification.
	> 
	> Any XML document is part of a set of XML documents that are
logically 
	> equivalent within an application context, but which vary in
physical 
	> representation based on syntactic changes permitted by XML 1.0
[XML] 
	> and Namespaces in XML [Names]. This specification describes a
method 
	> for generating a physical representation, the canonical form,
of an 
	> XML document that accounts for the permissible changes. Except
for 
	> limitations regarding a few unusual cases, if two documents
have the 
	> same canonical form, then the two documents are logically
equivalent 
	> within the given application context. Note that two documents
may have 
	> differing canonical forms yet still be equivalent in a given
context 
	> based on application-specific equivalence rules for which no
generalized
	> XML specification could account.
	> 
	> Status of this document
	> -----------------------
	> This section describes the status of this document at 
	> the time of its publication. Other documents may supersede 
	> this document. A list of current W3C publications and the 
	> latest revision of this technical report can be found in 
	> the W3C technical reports index at http://www.w3.org/TR/.
	> 
	> This is a Last Call Working Draft for review by W3C Members 
	> and other interested parties. Publication as a Working Draft 
	> does not imply endorsement by the W3C Membership. This is a 
	> draft document and may be updated, replaced or obsoleted by 
	> other documents at any time. It is inappropriate to cite 
	> this document as other than work in progress.
	> 
	> Public Last Call comments on this document are invited. 
	> Comments on this document are due by 30 April 2007, but
	> earlier comments are expressly solicited.  Comments should 
	> be sent to www-xml-canonicalization-comments@w3.org 
	> which is an automatically archived public email list.
	> 
	> This document has been produced by the W3C XML Core Working
Group 
	> as part of the W3C XML Activity. The authors of this document
are 
	> the members of the XML Core Working Group and invited experts
from 
	> the Digital Signature community.
	> 
	> This document was produced by a group operating under the 
	> 5 February 2004 W3C Patent Policy. W3C maintains a public list

	> of any patent disclosures made in connection with the
deliverables 
	> of the group; that page also includes instructions for
disclosing 
	> a patent. An individual who has actual knowledge of a patent
which 
	> the individual believes contains Essential Claim(s) must
disclose 
	> the information in accordance with section 6 of the W3C Patent
Policy.
	> 
	> 
	> Known Issues with Canonical XML 1.0 (C14N/1.0)
	> ==============================================
	> 
	> Abstract
	> --------
	> This technical note addresses some of the issues related to 
	> inheritance of the XML attributes xml:base and xml:id and the 
	> W3C Recommendation for Canonical XML Version 1.0 [C14N10]
(Errata). 
	> Shortcomings of C14N/1.0 are noted out and the use of a new 
	> C14N/1.1 recommendation with the XML Digital Signature 1.0 
	> Recommendation [XMLDSIG] is discussed.
	> 
	> Status of this Document
	> -----------------------
	> This section describes the status of this document at the 
	> time of its publication. Other documents may supersede this 
	> document. A list of current W3C publications and the latest 
	> revision of this technical report can be found in the W3C 
	> technical reports index at http://www.w3.org/TR/.
	> 
	> This is the W3C Working Group Note of "Known Issues with 
	> Canonical XML 1.0 (C14N/1.0)", produced by the XML Core 
	> Working Group, as part of the XML Activity. A companion note, 
	> "XML Digital Signatures in the 2006 XML Environment"
[XMLDSIG2006], 
	> describes in further detail how a revised canonicalization 
	> algorithm (C14N/1.1 or other) may be used with the current 
	> XML-SIG/1.0 Specification.
	> 
	> Please send comments related to this document to 
	> www-xml-canonicalization-comments@w3.org (public archive).
	> 
	> Publication as a Working Group Note does not imply endorsement

	> by the W3C Membership. This is a draft document and may be
updated, 
	> replaced or obsoleted by other documents at any time. It is 
	> inappropriate to cite this document as other than work in
progress.
	> 
	> This document was produced by a group operating under the 
	> 5 February 2004 W3C Patent Policy. W3C maintains a public 
	> list of any patent disclosures made in connection with the 
	> deliverables of the group; that page also includes
instructions 
	> for disclosing a patent. An individual who has actual
knowledge 
	> of a patent which the individual believes contains Essential 
	> Claim(s) must disclose the information in accordance with 
	> section 6 of the W3C Patent Policy.
	> 
	> 
	> Using XML Digital Signatures in the 2006 XML Environment
	> ========================================================
	> 
	> Abstract
	> --------
	> This technical note describes how to use the XML Digital 
	> Signature Recommendation [XMLDSIG] in a way consistent with 
	> the present (fall 2006) XML environment. In particular, this 
	> note takes into account the recent xml:id Version 1.0 [XMLID] 
	> Recommendation, and work in progress towards a Canonical XML 
	> Version 1.1 [C14N11] Recommendation.
	> 
	> This note suggests constraints on the use of XML Signature, 
	> and relies on extension points present in the XML Digital 
	> Signature Recommendation. This note does not override any 
	> aspect of that Recommendation.
	> 
	> Status of this Document
	> -----------------------
	> This section describes the status of this document at the 
	> time of its publication. Other documents may supersede this 
	> document. A list of current W3C publications and the latest 
	> revision of this technical report can be found in the W3C 
	> technical reports index at http://www.w3.org/TR/.
	> 
	> This document was developed by the XML Core Working Group, 
	> as part of the XML Activity. A companion Note, "Known Issues 
	> with Canonical XML 1.0 (C14N/1.0)" [C14NNOTE], discusses in 
	> detail some of the issues related to the inheritance of
certain 
	> XML attributes and the Canonical XML Recommendation 1.0
[C14N10].
	> 
	> Please send comments related to this document to 
	> www-xml-canonicalization-comments@w3.org (public archive).
	> 
	> Publication as a Working Group Note does not imply endorsement

	> by the W3C Membership. This is a draft document and may be
updated, 
	> replaced or obsoleted by other documents at any time. It is 
	> inappropriate to cite this document as other than work in
progress.
	> 
	> This document was produced by a group operating under the 
	> 5 February 2004 W3C Patent Policy. W3C maintains a public 
	> list of any patent disclosures made in connection with the 
	> deliverables of the group; that page also includes
instructions 
	> for disclosing a patent. An individual who has actual
knowledge 
	> of a patent which the individual believes contains Essential 
	> Claim(s) must disclose the information in accordance with 
	> section 6 of the W3C Patent Policy.
	> 
	> 
	> Paul Grosso and Norman Walsh, chairs of the XML Core WG. 
	> 
	
Received on Wednesday, 13 December 2006 16:26:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:16:37 UTC