Re: Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2006 August 23

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:23:34 +0200
To: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

On 2006-08-23 11:55:04 -0400, Grosso, Paul wrote:

> ACTION to Thomas and Konrad (and maybe Richard): Figure out
> whether to reference 2396 or 3986 or whatever.

Richard, Konrad, and I went through this.  The conclusion was that
consistency between c14n and xml:base is paramount, and more
critical than consistency between c14n and xml signature in terms of
what spec is referenced.

The proposal is, hence, to leave the normative text and references
of c14n 1.1 as is for a first public working draft, but to add a
note in the "status of this document" section that says that the
section on xml:base is expected to evolve along with the group's
work on that recommendation.

A second WD of c14n could then be published in parallel with the
FPWD for xml:base 1.1.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C   <tlr@w3.org>