[base URI]

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:18:20 -0400
To: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
I feel like we went over this recently, but among all the discussions
of xml:base related to C14N, I can't find a concise answer.

Are we all agreed that the [base URI] property is always an absolute
URI if an absolute URI can be computed? By my reading, section 4.2 in
XML Base supports that position, but I'm not sure it actually says it
anywhere.

Norman Walsh
XML Standards Architect
Sun Microsystems, Inc.