Re: XML 1.1 support in XSL/XML Query specifications

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:40:51 -0400
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

Norman Walsh scripsit:

> | Gladly.  The April drafts were fine.  Can someone point me to the new drafts?
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/ :-)

Okay, okay, it wasn't so yesterday, it is so today.

XQuery, XPath, and Data Model all use the same idea: an implementation
can use XML 1.0 rules or XML 1.1 rules for whitespace and names.
XQuery explicitly says that 1.1 implementations may wish to provide a
1.0 mode;  I'd like to see this strengthened to SHOULD, to agree with
the XML 1.1 Recommendation.

The Functions and Operators draft refers to XML 1.1 support as a feature,
but the datatypes are imported from XML Schema part 2, which does not
deal with XML 1.1 names or strings.

--
John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org> www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
Micropayment advocates mistakenly believe that efficient allocation of