FW: Impending Last Call revisions for XSLT/XQuery/XPath documents

From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:05:11 -0500
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

FYI.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Cotton [mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 2005 September 13 12:59
To: David Ezell; pgrosso@ptc.com; Dan Connolly; addison.phillips@quest.com;
quint@w3.org
Cc: chairs@w3.org
Subject: Impending Last Call revisions for XSLT/XQuery/XPath documents

Chairs of W3C TAG, XML Schema, XML Core, I18N and DAWG WGs

The XML Query and XSL WGs are planning to publish revisions to their
Last Call WDs on Sept 15, 2005.  These revisions are being provided to
permit your WGs and the public to review the changes we have made in
response to the Last Call comments.

We expect to progress the following documents to Candidate
Recommendation status after our Sept 27-30 F2F meeting:

1) XSLT 2.0
2) XQuery 1.0
3) XPath 2.0
4) XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators
5) XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Data Model
6) XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization
7) XML Syntax for XQuery 1.0 (XQueryX)
8) XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Formal Semantics

In addition we also plan to publish the following Working Drafts at the
same time:

9) XQuery 1.0 Use Cases
10) XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Full-Text
11) XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Full-Text Use Cases

The XML Query and XSL WGs look forward to your reviews of these revised
documents.

/paulc
Chair, XML Query WG

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada