RE: CSS selectors and xml:id

Ian, is this the "ID assignment and the empty string" thread at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/xml-id/lc-status/status-report.html ?

In that thread, the XML Core WG responded saying that we were
changing the spec to refer to "ID type assignment", and you
responded at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-id/2005Feb/0004
that this satisfied you.  Do you believe that the wording at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/CR-xml-id-20050208/
is still problematic in this regard?

paul