Re: Absolute nature of Infoset [base uri]

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:29:42 -0500
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

Norman Walsh scripsit:

> 1. Does the Core WG agree that [base uri] is always absolute (to the
>    extent that it can be made absolute, naturally) and

I say the base URI is always absolute, or else simply undefined (as when
the XML arrives from stdin and contains no xml:base attributes).

[W]hen I wrote it I was more than a little              John Cowan
febrile with foodpoisoning from an antique carrot       jcowan@reutershealth.com
that I foolishly ate out of an illjudged faith          www.ccil.org/~cowan
in the benignancy of vegetables.  --And Rosta           www.reutershealth.com