[MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)] Fw: Re: XML Core WG devloping xml:id

Forwarding for Makoto.

Forwarded message 1

  • From: MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:39:34 +0900
  • Subject: Fw: Re: XML Core WG devloping xml:id
  • To: Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM
Norm,

My reply did not reach the ML, probably because the W3C spam filter blocked
my mail.

Cheers,
Makoto

Forwarded by MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>
From:    "MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>
To:      public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Cc: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>,
 dan@dankohn.com,
 MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date:    Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:33:25 +0900
Subject: Re: XML Core WG devloping xml:id
----

Dear colleagues,

Thank you very much for contacting us.

I read the xml:id working draft.  Here are some questions.

Q1. When an XML document has an xml:id error, how should fragment identifiers (esp.
    bare names) be interpreted?

Q2. When we process non-validated documents that do not have xml:id
    errors, are xml:id attributes "DTD-determined IDs"
    or "schema-determined IDs" as specified in the XPointer framework?

Q3. Suppose that a document is wholly validated against the associated DTD and this document
    does not have xml:id errors.  Then, are xml:id attributes  "DTD-determined IDs"
    or "schema-determined IDs" ?

Q4. Suppose that a document is wholly validated against the associated W3C XML Schema schema
     and this document does not have xml:id errors.  Then, are xml:id attributes
    "DTD-determined IDs" or "schema-determined IDs" ?

Q5. What do you mean by "partially validated"?  I do not see its definition in XML 1.0
    or W3C XML Schema Part 1.

Q6. Suppose that a document is partially validated against the associated DTD and this
    document does not have xml:id errors.  Then, are non-validated xml:id attributes
    "DTD-determined IDs" or "schema-determined IDs" ?

Q7. Suppose that a document is partially validated against the associated W3C XML Schema
    schema and this document does not have xml:id errors.  Then, are non-validated xml:id
    attributes  "DTD-determined IDs" or "schema-determined IDs" ?

Q8. Suppose that a document is invalid against the associated DTD and it does not have
    xml:id errors.  How should fragment identifiers (esp. bare names) be interpreted?

Q9. Suppose that a document is invalid against the associated W3C XML Schema schema and it
    does not have xml:id errors.  How should fragment identifiers (esp. bare names) be
    interpreted?

I did not mention RELAX NG, since RELAX NG does not have any in-band
mechanisms for associating an XML document with an authoritative RELAX
NG schema.  (This omission is  deliberate.)  I thus believe that we do
not to consider RELAX NG.

Cheers,

Makoto

--