RE: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2004 December 1

A few embedded comments.

Per
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2004OctDec/0194
we've been told the Forms WG has withdrawn the Note.

Instead, they will be submitting a Note that suggests a
new "xml-edit" PI.  See the referenced email for more.

So unless this WG feels a need to comment on a potential
xml-edit PI, we can close this issue.

> 3.  XLink update.
>
> Norm posted a draft[10] with diff[11]; there has been some
> discussion[12].

Re my Q to JohnC about his desire to forbid use of "extra"
attributes within the xlink namespace, I'm happy to concur
with the rest of the WG.  I just wanted to raise the question,
since we started by saying we were just going to make one small
change, and now we're adding another.

> 4. XML errata.  The published 1.0 errata document is [8], the
>    published 1.1 errata document is [9], and the NEW PUBLIC
>    Potential Errata (PE) document is [7].
>
> We have several new PEs we might consider.
>
> 5. Namespaces in XML.
>
>   Ongoing ACTION to Richard:  Produce a draft for NS1.0 2nd Ed.
>
> Makoto thinks we should fold all our errata into an NS1.0 2nd Ed,
> but we should not fold in our other editorial changes from 1.1
> into 1.0 2nd Ed.  He sent his comments at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-names-editor/2004Nov/0004
> wherein he objected to our folding editorial changes that were not
> processed as errata back from 1.1 into 1.0.
>
> Paul checked with W3C folks about whether we can
> fold editorial errata from 1.1 back into 1.0 2nd Ed
> and our plan is acceptable:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Nov/0041
>
> 6. Xinclude PR was published Sept 30 at:
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/PR-xinclude-20040930/
>    and announced to the AC at
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2004JulSep/0043
>
>    The AC review closed October 29.
>
> We will shoot for a Dec 8th publication date (though that
> can only be tentative, since it depends on the Comm team).
>
> ACTION to Philippe:  Work with W3T to prepare XInclude for Rec.
>
> ACTION to Paul:  Update the WD for Rec (dates, status).

I've done this, and it's at:
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/12/REC-xinclude-20041208/

What remains, per Philippe, is to tweak the copyright
statement.  This should be done in the xmlspec.xsl file
in the above directory, but first (1) I want to see a pointer
to the latest pubrule/guide giving the exact copyright
text (ACTION to Philippe) and next (2) I want to compare
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/12/REC-xinclude-20041208/xmlspec.xsl
with the latest "official" copy, wherever that is (ACTION to Norm
to point me to that file).

Assuming those two actions get done by COB Wednesday,
I'll be able to fulfill:

ACTION to Paul (by this Friday morning):  Update the files in
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/12/REC-xinclude-20041208/
to reflect the latest copyright text.

and with that, I think we'll be all ready to publish
on December 8th.

> Sandra has sent new test suite stuff to Henry.
>
> ACTION to Henry:  Update the test suite home page with what
> Sandra sent to you.
>
> 7. xml:id.
>
> Our Last Call of xml:id is published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-id-20041109/
>
> The (public) xml:id issues is at:
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/xml-id/wd-status/status-report.html
> [Not up to date as of the writing of this agenda, but
> all issues are closed.]
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Update the xml:id issues document (though no
> immediate need this week).
>
> We also will need an issues list for the Last Call,
> though we don't need it until mid-December.
>
> Norm announced he had a sax filter implementation of xml:id:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2004Oct/0042
>
> 8.  XML Profile.
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Check with the TAG that this is something
> they still want to see worked on.

Since Norm reports the TAG has withdrawn this request,
I'm happy to drop this work item.

> The next step would seem to be to write a summary of the
> plan and send it out and see if it makes people happy.
> We should be sure to include at least the TAG, SOAP, the
> XML CG.

I'm not sure SOAP will care, but assuming we drop this
work item, we should inform the TAG and XML CG accordingly.
Either Norm or I can take that action item.

paul